Thursday 17 July 2014

Day 11:

Today I have been in the kitchen “a la carte” with my partners Mike and Philips.

I have prepared dough for waffle (18 eggs, 525 g sugar, 3 litre milk, 525 g butter, 1275 g flour, vanilla flavour and a pinch of salt).

Later I have helped with the elaboration of salads, sauces, ceviches and hotstones.
My partner Mike has taught me how to know the state of meat (rare, medium and well-done). I have used my own hand to learn this concept. It is very simple and you don’t forget it anymore. If you touch the thumb finger with the index finger, the tension in the base of thumb finger is similar to the rare meat. When you touch the thumb finger with the heart finger the tension in the base of thumb is similar to the medium meat. And if you touch the thumb finger with the ring finger the tension in the base of thumb is similar to the well-done meat.


Mike has told me some recipes to marinate beef and pork and how to cook this type of meat at low temperature.




No comments:

Post a Comment